The structural materials used in construction are the most critical part of the buildings for some reason. First and foremost, the materials can play a vital role in the buildings’ charming appearance, mainly if used as cladding or facade. Then, the material’s importance comes to play when paying attention to the buildings’ safety measures. You need a rigid and robust construction material for the best possible results. One of the materials used nowadays is aluminum composite panel, which has improved from PE aluminum composite panel to even more robust cloth such as fire-retardant materials. For more information, you can take a look at visit Aluminum Sandwich Panel.
Aluminum composite panels have various structural properties, each used for different applications. However, the most common application of ACP Panels is indoor or outdoor usages. The structural properties for these applications also vary. The two essential structures of aluminum composite panels consist of the core and the coating material. Although various materials are used for having a high quality, the most common material in aluminum composite panel is polyethylene, known as PE.
What is polyethylene?
PE or polyethylene is the most common plastic material available today. In other words, if you take a look at your surroundings, it is somehow impossible not to witness polyethylene. Using plastic materials have increased nowadays. It is estimated that 100 million tons of plastic are produced in a year, and 34% of those productions belong to polyethylene. The advantages of polyethylene have made it possible to be used in various subjects and materials. One of its benefits is durability and flexibility. These two are the main reason that most providers use PE aluminum composite panel.
Like any other material, polyethylene also has some disadvantages. In some areas and some countries, governments have forbidden using PE aluminum composite panel due to their fire safety protocols. The ban’s logic is that PE aluminum composite panel can spread fire if the building is on fire. For more info, you can visit ACM Sheets.
The difference between PE aluminum composite panel and FR core:
As mentioned earlier, one of the disadvantages of PE aluminum composite panel is the vulnerability to fire. It is impossible that the PE aluminum composite panel initiates fire, but if other parts of the building catch fire, PE ACP Panel can quickly spread the fire. This has come to the attention of some countries which have banned PE aluminum composite panel. However, to make sure you need to contact your supplier and gain more information.
Due to the fire safety problems, some manufacturers have innovated other elements to combine with aluminum to prevent spreading fire. Most companies have started to produce and introduce fire retardant materials to increase safety. One of these materials is mineral-filled ones, which is used in the aluminum composite panel core. FR cores are now more common, and more companies have started applying them to ACP Panels.
The difference between FR and PE aluminum composite panel is their fire behavior. FR cores also provide durability and flexibility without causing any issues in case of emergencies. Another difference is the application, which we’ll discuss further. For more information, you can visit Aluminum Composite Sheet.
PE Vs. FR Core Applications:
Since PE aluminum composite panel is banned for exterior usages in some countries, most users apply them for interior decoration:
- Internal decoration: The most common use of PE cores is interior decoration since fire risk is significantly reduced. Moreover, with the available color choices, aluminum composite panels can be ideal for interior decoration. Other features, such as a robust and rigid material, can also be handy for internal decoration.
- Wall Partitions: Most companies offer PE cores for wall partitions since they provide excellent heat and sound insulation features. Furthermore, other aluminum composite panel properties are beneficial when using it as a wall partition.
- False ceilings: The insulation feature is once more helpful for false ceilings as well. The water and chemical resistance of aluminum composite panels can also be applied here since you need a rigid material for false ceilings.
As mentioned earlier, PE aluminum composite panel usage is mostly limited for interior applications in some restricted countries. However, FR cores have no limitations in both interior and exterior applications. For more information, you can visit ACP Panel though we’ll discuss exterior applications of aluminum composite panels here:
- Cladding or Facade: The most common ACM panel application is cladding or facade. It is advisable to use FR cores as the primary material for exterior usages, and the same situation applies in the cladding. Because they are light in weight, they are the popular choice for exterior cladding. For more details, you can visit Aluminum Composite Material.
- Signage: Aluminum composite panels can be used in signage and road signs. Whether you own a business or just driving the road, it is impossible not to witness ACM panels on your way. Moreover, printing logos on the boards has also been made possible with modern technology usage. Corporate colors are another choice for people in the business.
- Transportation: The ACM panel application is not limited to the construction industry. Because of their budget-friendly cost, both FR and PE aluminum composite panels have been used in the transportation industry.
The applications of aluminum composite panels are not limited to the usages mentioned above. Some more ACM panel applications include roof stations such as train stations and airport rooftops. Aluminum composite panels have recently been used in the aircraft industry and provide exceptional features for engineers.
PE Aluminum composite panel coating:
The coating materials are also different based on the application and usage of the users. Nowadays, three coating materials are mostly used for aluminum composite panel. The first and most common type is the PE aluminum composite panel. These are primarily used for indoor usages, whereas other coating materials such as PVDF and Nano PVDF is applied for exterior applications. PVDF stands for Polyvinylidene fluoride, which is used in applications requiring the highest purity. Nano PVDF is another coating material that has some additional features compared to the normal PVDF. For instance, Nano PVDF doesn’t get dirty quickly by using Nano elements and can withstand harsh situations for years to come.
Final Thoughts: Is PE Aluminum Composite Panel the best?
The process of ACM panel installation is pretty straightforward, even though buying it might not. When you want to purchase ACP Panels, you need to consider a few tips. The most crucial factor is the core elements, which play a massive role in aluminum composite panels’ functionality. Since the emergence of ACM Panels in the 1960s, PE aluminum composite panels have been common, but due to their safety issues for exterior applications, FR cores have replaced them.
The difference between FR and PE cores mostly depends on the application. FR cores are preferable for exterior usage, whereas PE cores are mainly chosen for internal applications. For more information, you can visit ACP Sheet. You can also call our experts for an in-depth guide to buy aluminum composite panels.
Red more PE Aluminum Composite Panel